According to the United States Patent & Trademark Office, WWE has filed to trademark two ring names.
On December 1, WWE filed applications for trademarks to ‘JINNY’ and ‘XYON QUINN’. As per the USPTO, the filings are intended to cover categories of ‘entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions’.
Jinny currently competes in the NXT UK women’s division, first signing with WWE in June 2018. The former PROGRESS Women’s Champion unsuccessfully challenged Meiko Satomura for the NXT UK Women’s Title at the beginning of November.
Xyon Quinn also signed with WWE in 2018. The former Australia National Rugby League player has been rising through the ranks in NXT 2.0, undefeated since the brand’s reboot in September.
The following description accompanied both filings:
Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- Does Vince McMahon Want To Leave WWE Revealed
- Another AEW Star Seemingly Preparing To Join WWE
- Did Adam Copeland Beat Christian Cage For The AEW TNT Championship
- Bryan Danielson Names Who He’d Add To AEW’s Blackpool Combat Club