According to the United States Patent & Trademark Office, WWE has filed to trademark two ring names.
On December 1, WWE filed applications for trademarks to ‘JINNY’ and ‘XYON QUINN’. As per the USPTO, the filings are intended to cover categories of ‘entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions’.
Jinny currently competes in the NXT UK women’s division, first signing with WWE in June 2018. The former PROGRESS Women’s Champion unsuccessfully challenged Meiko Satomura for the NXT UK Women’s Title at the beginning of November.
Xyon Quinn also signed with WWE in 2018. The former Australia National Rugby League player has been rising through the ranks in NXT 2.0, undefeated since the brand’s reboot in September.
The following description accompanied both filings:
Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned