Before he even debuted in NXT last year, it was rumoured that WWE higher-ups were so high on Karrion Kross that there had been backstage talk of bringing for former IMPACT star right up to the main roster.
Speaking about what Karrion Kross could look like on either Raw or SmackDown, Dave Meltzer noted that WWE could tell him to stop using the Saito Suplex, having the following to say on the matter on Wrestling Observer Radio:
“The thing with Kross that nobody talks about, is it’s one in NXT, but when he gets to the main roster and he does those saito suplexes, I got a feeling they’ll tell him not to and that’s the only thing he does that’s impressive. Maybe they’ll tell him, and I could see them just going ‘hey, tone it down on that move, because that’s a high-angle move.’”
While Karrion Kross still the favourite with the bookies to retain his NXT Championship tonight at TakeOver: In Your House, some have speculated that NXT could have him drop the title tonight, freeing him up for a move to the main roster.
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- AEW Real-Life Father & Son Team Together For First Time Since Falling Out
- Kevin Owens Addresses Vince McMahon WWE Allegations