While the WWE Draft is set to conclude tonight on Raw, one free agent has already found a home. In a report from WWE, Sarah Schreiber has revealed that Shorty G Chad Gable has signed with SmackDown after going undrafted on Friday night.
The news was broken on the WWE Network Twitter account. It certainly didn’t take him long to find a home, begging the question why this news couldn’t have been broken on Talking Smack or something of the sort.
.@sarahschreib has ? BREAKING NEWS ? regarding Shorty G’s status in the 2020 #WWEDraft. ? @WWEGable#WWERaw pic.twitter.com/TihaMjfP7F
— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) October 12, 2020
Shorty G has spent his career thus far on SmackDown. Since being drafted as part of American Alpha in 2016, he has remained on the blue brand. He was known as Chad Gable until he underwent his name change last year following a program with Baron Corbin.
Since then, he has seen little success, often being beaten by the likes of Corbin and Sheamus. Now, staying on SmackDown, perhaps he will have the chance to shine on a revamped roster.
The WWE Draft will continue with the second batch of stars tonight on Raw. Perhaps Gable will be given some new competition with more people moving to SmackDown.
What do you think of Shorty G signing on SmackDown? Let us know on Twitter!
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed