A top WWE tag has opened up on never leaving “a door fully closed” and on the return that they thought they’d “never make.”
Gallows and Anderson have had quite the time in WWE, with Luke Gallows have three runs with the company and Karl Anderson currently on his second.
The pair were released by WWE in April 2020 as part of a series of budget cuts due to the COVID-19 pandemic only to make their return in October 2022.
The pair discussed the return on their Talk n Shop podcast, with Gallows saying:
“We never leave a door fully closed, which we’ve proven with this return [that] we thought we’d never make.”
Anderson went on to explain further, adding:
“It was a pretty surreal day because we thought that WWE was in the rearview mirror. That after our exit and after some of the things we were doing, we weren’t going to be welcomed back with open arms, but we were.
“Business was business and we worked it all out. I think we made one of the greatest returns of all time … [But] we’re glad we left, we’re glad we went [to Impact], we’re glad that we came back.”
Since their return in 2022, the pair have once again sided with AJ Styles as The OC, adding Mia Yim to their number.
In the podcast, Gallows and Anderson would also reveal a scrapped pitch for AJ Styles to appear with them in Japan.
Together, they are former two-time WWE Raw Tag Team Champions.
Outside of WWE, Gallows and Anderson were three-time IWGP Tag Team Champions in NJPW and three-time Impact World Tag Team Champions.
With Gallows, Anderson and Styles all being former Bullet Club members, fellow member Cody Rhodes was seen reuniting with the pair at a WWE live show in February 2023.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite