A match is rumored to be set for the March 24 2023 episode of WWE SmackDown as a transitional step for a current roster member.
It had previously been reported that Brawling Brutes member Butch was to return to his Pete Dunne character by the end of 2023.
Dunne, himself, had shared an image with the WWE United Kingdom Championship and the caption “r e m e m b e r” on social media.
WRKD Wrestling has now provided another hint that the transition is underway, tweeting that:
“Gunther vs. Butch is planned for tonight’s #Smackdown.
“One of the reasons for this match is to prep for the potential transition back to the Pete Dunne name in the future.”
The former Walter and Pete Dunne had a storied rivalry on WWE NXT UK from Walter’s first appearance in January 2019.
Walter would defeat Pete Dunne for the WWE United Kingdom Champion at NXT TakeOver: New York in April 2019 and go on to become the longest-reigning NXT UK Champion at 870 days, eclipsing Dunne’s own record of 685 days.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups