Contrary to the usual Royal Rumble tradition of surprise legend returns, Booker T stood alone at this year’s Rumble’s lasting just over 40 seconds before being eliminated by Intercontinental Champion Gunther.
While Booker spends more time nowadays doing commentary down in NXT than competing, the two-time Hall of Famer wasn’t afraid of mixing it up with today’s top talent.
However, when it came to the man that ultimately eliminated him Gunther, Booker had to draw the line.
Speaking on his podcast The Hall of Fame, Booker would discuss the ‘Ring General’ and his potential, while highlighting one particular aspect of his offence that Booker refused to take.
“He’s a future World Champion in the company.
“He’s a guy that’s going to be that, that killer, monster heel in WWE. Timing is on his side as well.
“He’s young, he goes out, and if you don’t believe what GUNTHER does is real, go ahead and take one of those chops. That’s all you’ve got to do. Just take one and you would go, ‘Oh my God.’
“When I was in the rumble, I thought about taking one of those chops and then I said, ‘Man, to hell with that. I’m not taking that damn chop.'”
Gunther would break the all-time duration in a single (traditional) Royal Rumble record at this year’s event, however, that’s not the only record the IC champ is chasing.
Gunther’s reign with the IC title is already the longest of the 21st century, with Honky Tonk Man’s record breaking 454 day run likely in his sights next.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023