A former WWE Champion and member of the WWE Hall of Fame is very likely to wrestle a match at the SummerSlam pay-per-view event on August 21.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted that it’s pretty certain that The Rated-R Superstar will be in action at the ‘Biggest Party of the Summer’ in a few months time:
Since Edge is billed to return on the Houston Smackdown, and there is talk about bringing back big names, his wrestling at SummerSlam seems to add up.
As Dave Meltzer notes, Edge is being advertised for the July 16 episode of Friday Night SmackDown, which is set to be the first show back with fans. This is another good indication that Edge will be involved at SummerSlam.
With regards to who Edge will likely be feuding with at SummerSlam, some have speculated that WWE could look to book the former World Heavyweight Champion against Seth Rollins, but that has yet to be confirmed.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Paul London Says He Was ‘Shut Down Immediately’ When Reaching Out About AEW Role