A former WWE Champion and member of the WWE Hall of Fame is very likely to wrestle a match at the SummerSlam pay-per-view event on August 21.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted that it’s pretty certain that The Rated-R Superstar will be in action at the ‘Biggest Party of the Summer’ in a few months time:
Since Edge is billed to return on the Houston Smackdown, and there is talk about bringing back big names, his wrestling at SummerSlam seems to add up.
As Dave Meltzer notes, Edge is being advertised for the July 16 episode of Friday Night SmackDown, which is set to be the first show back with fans. This is another good indication that Edge will be involved at SummerSlam.
With regards to who Edge will likely be feuding with at SummerSlam, some have speculated that WWE could look to book the former World Heavyweight Champion against Seth Rollins, but that has yet to be confirmed.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?