WWE Hall of Famer Teddy Long has said that it may finally be time for fellow wrestling legend Rey Mysterio to retire from in-ring competition.
In July 2022, Mysterio celebrated his 20th year with the company on a special episode of WWE Raw.
Apparently Long took note of the luchador’s long tenure, saying in an interview with Sportskeeda’s One On One that it may soon be time for Rey to finally hang up his boots:
“Rey’s been around a long time, and he’s certainly done a lot for the company, so I don’t know; I mean, I think, in my opinion, knowing Rey, if he not or if he is released, Rey’s kind of going to take it easy.
“He’s broken up and beaten up.
“You reach a certain age in your life and if you have saved your money and you got your finances in order, then take a break.”
To stay up to date with all the very latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk News on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of ITRWrestling.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39