Per the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), WWE Hall of Famer Charles Wright has filed to trademark his former ring names.
On January 18, Wright filed to trademark the terms ‘PAPA SHANGO‘ and ‘THE GODFATHER‘.
Per the filings, Wright intends for these trademarks to cover use with ‘entertainment services’.
The following description accompanied both filings:
Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, live appearances by a professional wrestling and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestling and sports entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, televised appearances by a professional wrestler and sports entertainer; Providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; Providing online interviews featuring a professional wrestler and sports entertainer in the field of professional wrestling and sports entertainment for entertainment purpose
Wright notably wrestled as Papa Shango in WWE in the early 1990s. His Godfather character was introduced in 1998, following his run with the Nation of Domination.
The Godfather last wrestled for WWE in 2013, appearing very briefly in that year’s Royal Rumble bout.
The wrestling veteran was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2016 by JBL and Ron Simmons of the APA.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18