The wrestling commuity has been having discourse for three days following a controversial moment with MJF at last Sunday’s AEW Revolution pay-per-view.
MJF retreated into the crowd during the match, and ended up tossing a beverage in the face of a young fan at ringside, which was reportedly tequila instead of water as first thought.
Speaking on his To Be The Man Podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair said that he believes MJF went too far with the spot, and how he’s totally against throwing anything at a child.
“Yeah. It’s cheap heat. You want to do something to get heat and get the people excited, that won’t hurt anybody, you cut yourself so deep that when you swing your hair, you throw blood all over them. That’s what I did all the time when I had long hair. Then they’d feel like they’re part of the action. They’re going, ‘S**t, this ain’t paint. This is blood’ [laughs].
“I’m totally against throwing anything at a kid. You never know, if it had ice in it and that. The liability there? I’m sure Tony did a a cartwheel at Gorilla [position].”
“That s**t wouldn’t fly at WWE. I got news for you. For something like that, if he did that that wouldn’t work in WWE for a minute.”
transcription via Fightful
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut