A WWE Hall of Famer and current producer is reportedly undergoing hip surgery, which sheds some light on the reason WWE brought back a producer this week.
Pat Buck was furloughed by the company in April as part of its cost-cutting measures brought on by the coronavirus pandemic, but he was re-hired and backstage at this week’s Raw and SmackDown tapings.
The reason for this is now clear, as Ringside News is reporting that Michael Hayes is undergoing hip surgery and will be out for a while.
Buck was brought back to fill Hayes’ position, with the latter expected to be back when he’s recovered. There’s no word yet on whether WWE plans to keep Buck around when Hayes is back or it’s just a temporary replacement, but the pandemic situation could have changed by then anyway and we could be seeing even more furloughed names return.
Hayes made the news recently when Triple H revealed he refused to play his Dok Hendrix character at NXT TakeOver: In Your House.
WrestleTalk.com wishes Hayes a safe recovery.
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18