WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle is famously a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with him recently making an appearance on WWE Raw in his hometown, celebrating the Street Profits’ victory over the Alpha Academy by drinking beer with the two.
Kurt appeared in front of the crowd at last night’s NFL game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, rallying the crowd alongside his son Jordan by leading the ‘terrible towel twirl’.
Angle was present at the show to promote cancer awareness. He tweeted:
My son Joseph and I led the incredible Pittsburgh Steelers Fans with the terrible towel twirl today, to promote cancer awareness. Go Steelers!! We’re gonna beat the@Buccaneers today!!!! #cancerawareness @steelers
Angle’s prediction did come true, as the Steelers picked up the upset victory over the Buccaneers, earning a 20-18 victory over the Tampa Bay natives.
Angle wrestled his last match back at WrestleMania 35 in 2019, when he was defeated by Baron Corbin in his last ever match.
Angle was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame upon his return to the company in 2017, before spending the next two years as Raw’s general manager. He has made sporadic appearances on WWE television since then, including the aforementioned Raw show in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago.
My son Joseph and I led the incredible Pittsburgh Steelers Fans with the terrible towel twirl today, to promote cancer awareness. Go Steelers!! We’re gonna beat the @Buccaneers today!!!! #cancerawareness @steelers pic.twitter.com/JyUhZglwoC
— Kurt Angle (@RealKurtAngle) October 16, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39