A WWE Hall of Famer says that he recommended to Vince McMahon to hire Fit Finlay in the mid-1990s.
JBL, also known as John Bradshaw Layfield, came into WWE in 1995, debuting on television as Justin Hawk Bradshaw in 1996.
When Layfield met with Vince McMahon upon being hired, he has revealed that he recommended another talent to be brought in with him as well.
On the latest Stories with Brisco and Bradshaw, JBL reflected on suggesting Fit Finlay to be hired by WWE when he first came to the company.
“When I signed with WWE, I met Vince for the first time in the office, had my tryout match, Jerry [Gerald Brisco] is the one who signed me, him and JJ Dillon agreed to sign me.”
“At the end of the meeting, Vince says, ‘is there anyone I should sign in Europe?’ ‘Yeah, Fit Finlay.'”
“Vince says, half-jokingly, ‘Well, if you were me, would you sign him instead of you?’ I said, ‘Absolutely. I’m serious. He’s that good.'”
Bradshaw and Finlay worked together in 1994 for the Catch Wrestling Association. The two men would go on to meet in a Belfast Brawl at WrestleMania 24.
John Bradshaw Layfield is now associated with Baron Corbin on Monday Night Raw.
Transcription via Fightful
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- VIDEO: AEW Entrance Theme Plays At Royal Rumble Event
- Report: WWE/Saudi Arabia Relationship ‘Absolutely A Factor’ In Sami Zayn Plans
- Spoiler For Entrant #1 In Royal Rumble Match Revealed?
- VIDEO: Another Failed Kofi Kingston Royal Rumble Moment
- Spoiler On Former Champion Planned For Tonight’s Royal Rumble
- Surprising Planned WWE Royal Rumble Match Order Revealed
- Cody Rhodes Wins WWE Royal Rumble 2023
- Here’s What Happened During WWE’s Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Top WWE Star Calls CM Punk ‘A Cancer’, Tells Him ‘Go Do Something Else’
- Royal Rumble Sets Up Massive WrestleMania Match?