Cancer is a horrible thing but Bob Armstrong is not letting it stop him from living his life. Yesterday, WWE referee Scott Armstrong revealed that his WWE Hall of Fame father is dealing with cancer in his ribs, shoulder, and prostate.
He also noted that ‘Bullet’ Bob has elected not to undergo treatment.
Today my 80yr old Dad, @WWE Hall of Famer Bullet Bob, asked if he could come over to get a workout! He’s got bone cancer in his ribs, shoulder and prostate and chose not to go through any treatment (his choice)! I put 30lbs on there and he said, “Gimme 100lbs!!! #Motivation ? pic.twitter.com/yhfda0AGqA
— Scott Armstrong (@WWEArmstrong) March 25, 2020
“Today my 80yr old Dad, WWE Hall of Famer Bullet Bob, asked if he could come over to get a workout! He’s got bone cancer in his ribs, shoulder and prostate and chose not to go through any treatment (his choice)! I put 30 lbs on there and he said ‘Gimme 100lbs!!!’ #Motivation”
Armstrong was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011. He is best known for his work in the NWA, WCW, Smokey Mountain Wrestling and sporadic WWE appearances later in his career. His wrestling career has spanned over 50 years and he is the patriarch of the great Armstrong wrestling family. This family, of course, includes Scott, Brad Armstrong, Road Dogg and their brother Steve Armstrong.
While he does not seem to be letting cancer get him down, we here at WrestleTalk send our best wishes to Bob Armstrong and his family.
Do you have any memories of ‘Bullet’ Bob Armstrong? Let us know on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Retiring AEW Name Thanks Company For ‘Beautiful Ending’
- AEW’s Andrade El Idolo Reacts To Charlotte Flair WWE Return
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London
- AEW Star Doesn’t Feel CM Punk Is As Toxic As Everybody Thinks He Is