Hints have been made that a WWE Hall of Famer could make his return to the ring on NXT.
On the November 29 edition of NXT, Shawn Michaels assembled a group of WWE Hall of Famers to pick the participants for the Men’s and Women’s Iron Survivor Challenge at NXT Deadline.
The group consisted of “Road Dogg” Brian James, Alundra Blayze, Molly Holly and “X-Pac” Sean Waltman.
During today’s NXT Deadline media call, Shawn Michaels was asked about Waltman possibly returning to the squared circle. He noted that X-Pac is in the best shape he’s been in a long time, and would love to have him around more.
HBK did admit that Sean Waltman didn’t indicate that he wanted to return to the ring in WWE, but he would jump at the chance to have him in the fold.
Waltman last competed for Game Changer Wrestling, facing Joey Janela during WrestleMania 38 weekend in Dallas, Texas.
As previously reported, Shawn Michaels addressed the possibility of New Day moving to the NXT brand long term following Deadline.
NXT Deadline will be this Saturday, December 10 and will be headlined by Bron Breakker defending the NXT Championship against Apollo Crews. For the full lineup for the event, click here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Roman Reigns Vs. Sami Zayn Date Announced
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- AEW Star Provides Update After Surgery
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE
- WWE Name Believes Rising Star Will Be Universal Champion One Day
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- WWE Allowing NXT Stars To Work Select Independents