WWE Hall of Famer says he believes there is no money in wrestling and that’s why Tony Khan had to buy Ring of Honor.
Speaking with WrestleZone, Road Dogg spoke about his former New Age Outlaws partner Billy Gunn and his sons’ in Gunn Club.
The former Intercontinental Champion praised The Gunn Club for not catering to certain audience in the business and noted why he believes the wrestling aspect of the industry doesn’t draw money.
In reference to the Gunn Club, Road Dogg said:
“They’re really good. They’re learning how to work. It’s not to get Uncle Dave to give them a five star match, it’s to be entertaining. It’s to entertain people. If you ask me, that’s the name of the game. If there was money in wrestling, Tony Khan wouldn’t have had to buy Ring Of Honor back. It would have never gone out of business, because they had great wrestling. But, people wanna be entertained too. You gotta give them a little glitz and glamour. You gotta give them a little carny.”
In regards to how the most famous wrestlers weren’t exactly great when it came to in-ring wrestling, the former WWE star said:
“People wanna be entertained. Jamie Dundee said one time ‘There ain’t a dime in wrestling.’ I almost believe that now. [There’s] very few just really good wrestlers. What, you can count five or ten tops? But the ones you know that are most famous were horrible in the ring. We can go down the list. I say horrible, I didn’t mean that as everything is hyperbole these days. They just weren’t great workers. They had something other than that that people grabbed on to. They wanted emotional investment into this character, into this talent, into this guy. I have to be emotionally invested in him. If I’m not, it doesn’t count. None of it matters, wins, losses, it doesn’t matter. If you don’t make an emotional attachment to the viewing audience or the live event attendee, you may as well pack it up.”
As previously mentioned, Road Dogg recently gave his opinion on Sasha Banks and Naomi walking out on this week’s Raw and his belief that it was a work.
Quotes via Fightful
- AEW Stars’ Contracts Expire, Sasha Banks WWE Release Updates, Even More Injuries – Audio News Bulletin – June 29, 2022
- Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan Hilariously Reacts To NXT TV Write-Off
- WWE Star Kevin Owens Missed Raw Due To Injury
- Another Claim Made Regarding Sasha Banks WWE Release
- Orange Cassidy & Title Match Added To AEW Blood & Guts
- Bellator MMA Fighter Valerie Loureda Signs With WWE
- LIVE RESULTS – AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts – June 29, 2022
- CJ Perry (Lana) Pulls Out Of Authors Of Pain’s New Promotion Debut Show
- Miro Says AEW TNT Title Has ‘Gone To S**ts’
- Wardlow Doesn’t Rule Out Signing With WWE