One of the greatest tag teams in the history of wrestling is the Rock N’ Roll Express. Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson have had a reunion run over the last few years with Morton saying he could still wrestle an hour.
Speaking with JBL and Gerry Brisco, Morton talked about the difficulty of wrestling on the indies at 64. However, he did say he could go an hour with the right person. Here is the quote, courtesy of Inside The Ropes:
“It’s hard when you’re on the independent circuit finding someone to work with, holy sh*t, it’s a part about not understanding. I’m 64 years old, I still love my business – I’m not here to impress anybody, I’m not here to do that. If I had a guy that knew how to work, I could still go an hour with him. Now you don’t – nowadays at the start of the match they want to shoot you out of a cannon and kick out at one, so I don’t know.”
Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2017. In recent years they have wrestled for such major promotions as Ring of Honor, New Japan Pro Wrestling, and NWA, while also appearing for All Elite Wrestling.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- WWE Star Responds To Standout AEW Dynamite Performance
- Big Update On Stone Cold Steve Austin WrestleMania 39 Plans?
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Major Update On Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Status