WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix has refused to rule out another match, calling it “embarrassing” to say that she is retired.
Phoenix’s most recent match came at the 2022 Royal Rumble, when she teamed up with her husband Edge in a winning effort against fellow husband and wife team Maryse and The Miz.
Prior to that, her previous most recent match was as a contender in the 2020 women’s Royal Rumble.
Speaking on Brandi Rhodes’ 2 Lies and 1 Truth podcast, the two discussed whether or not Phoenix considers herself to be officially retired:
“Who knows these days? [Beth laughed when asked if she’ll be back in a wrestling ring] You know, I say this every single time, it’s the most cliché thing but never say never or like, retirement in wrestling isn’t a thing, right? It’s embarrassing to say I’m retired because it’s never true.”
It is not yet known if or when Phoenix will have her next match.
To stay up to date with all the very latest wrestling news, please be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Translation courtesy of ITRWrestling.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown