The main event of night one of WrestleMania 39 was highly acclaimed by fans.
The match saw Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn take on and dethrone the Usos for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship.
There was a lot of speculation heading into the show about which match would close the first night, whether it be this match or the SmackDown Women’s Championship clash between Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley.
In the end, fans believe that the Tag Team Championship match was the right choice to main event due to it’s deep backstory, but WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair disagrees.
Flair spoke about the show on his To Be The Man podcast, where he shared frustration at Charlotte and Rhea not closing the night.
“There’s no way that Sami and KO and the Usos [should] go on after [Charlotte] and Rhea. Only in the WWE.”
Flair made sure to note that he respects everyone who steps into the ring, and that his frustrations were more at the booking of the company rather than them as people.
Charlotte Flair is reportedly set to take some time off from the company following her loss to Ripley at WrestleMania.
Rhea Ripley is set to appear on tomorrow night’s episode of SmackDown, her first time as the SmackDown Women’s Champion.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- DNA Test Proves Wrestling Legend Is Not The Father Of Current Congresswoman
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- WWE Star Confirms Shoulder Injury