Vince McMahon has made his return to WWE after retiring from the company in shame last July.
McMahon’s influence is reportedly set to potentially grow in the coming months as the Endeavor sale comes to fruition.
WWE Hall of Famer Rob Van Dam has spoken about Vince McMahon on 1 of a Kind with RVD, where he discussed McMahon’s legacy within wrestling.
“He’s the man and I think he’s going to go down as the man that single handedly took professional wrestling from a regional sports entertainment bracket to a worldwide phenomenon worth over a billion dollars an set the standards and He’s created careers and made superstars for decades.
“I can’t see another Vince McMahon coming along. I’m not saying they won’t. I’m just saying I can’t see it.”
“And anytime I watch any of the interviews of him being challenged or provoked or whatever, I almost always agree with his point, you know, and it goes back to that basic thinking. Like people, there’ll be like wrestlers that wrestled for a ‘cup of coffee,’ as they say in WWE, spent the rest of their career on the indie scene doing drugs and now they want to come out, come back and blame Vince for it. How does that even make sense? And because if they did work for that cup of coffee, Vince, WWE volunteered (I don’t know if they volunteered or if they were told to but anyway) they took the responsibility either way of putting wrestlers through rehab and paying for it if they spent any time in WWE.
“So you got to imagine a lot of the guys spent most of their career outside of WWE and they were probably worse on their destructive habits outside of WWE anyway. Whatever I watch interviews and I and I see everyone try to stick it all on Vince when it’s stuff that I personally don’t think he should be held responsible for, um, he sounds smart to me when he, when he states that, you know?”
During the podcast, RVD also said that he would be open to a potential role as an authority figure in the company.
WWE is reportedly putting plans in place to stop Vince McMahon from making last minute changes to scripts for Raw and SmackDown.
transcription via Wrestling Writing
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam Draws Highest Viewership Since February, Highest Demo Rating Since September 2022
- MJF Says Elements From These WWE Hall Of Famers Would Create ‘Perfect’ Wrestler
- VIDEO: ROH Champion Holds Hilarious Training Session
- Spoiler On MJF Match At AEW WrestleDream 2023