WWE Hall of Famers Mark Henry and Bully Ray want to see SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair join the WWE men’s division.
On the April 15 edition of SmackDown, Flair forced Drew Gulak to say ‘I quit’, ahead of her I Quit bout against Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania Backlash.
Previously on Busted Open Radio, Bully Ray pitched for Flair to keep forcing male competitors to submit, noting:
“I love the fact that she put the figure eight on a man last night. I want Charlotte to wrestle men. As the matter of fact moving into this match, you know, put the figure eight on two more guys, three more guys, have guys tapping out left and right.”
On the latest edition of Busted Open Radio, Mark Henry stated that he could see Charlotte eclipsing her father, Ric Flair’s legacy, if she dominated the men’s division, arguing:
“She has the potential to eclipse Ric if she’s allowed to wrestle men and have a run doing that and then going back to women’s wrestling and being the ultimate heel, like, ‘I left y’all because y’all beneath me’. That can be, you know, another 10 years of her dominance that can make people only think that when you hear the name ‘Flair’ that you think Charlotte”
Rousey attacked Gulak on last week’s episode of SmackDown, locking in her signature armbar during her WrestleMania Backlash contract signing.
Flair and Rousey will indirectly face off on this week’s show, in a Beat The Clock challenge. Spoilers for the upcoming episode are available at this link.
WrestleMania Backlash will air on May 8. You can view the announced card for the Premium Live Event right here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?