The backstage reaction to Hardy’s performance at the Royal Rumble premium live event has been revealed.
This year’s event has been a huge success for WWE, with the January 28 show setting the record for the largest Royal Rumble gate ever.
The event was also touted as the most viewed Royal Rumble show in history.
Following the show, it was reported that several names impressed WWE at the event, including GUNTHER, who was in the Rumble match for almost 72 minutes.
It has now been indicated that the performance by musical guest Hardy wasn’t popular backstage. Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Hardy’s performance was reportedly ‘largely scoffed at’ by those Fightful spoke with, and was said to have “felt like it compromised”.
Hardy performed his song ‘Sold Out’, which was being used as the event’s theme song, prior to the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship main event.
After Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens to retain his title, Sami Zayn turned on the Bloodline faction, before Reigns, Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa brutalized Zayn.
You can watch a video capturing the heartbreaking moments that took place after the show went off the air right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Scrapped John Cena WrestleMania 39 Matches Revealed