Ringside News is reporting that Big E was not on Friday Night SmackDown last week because WWE has no plans for the former New Day star following the release of Aleister Black.
WWE started a feud between Aleister Black and Big E on the May 21 episode of SmackDown, and the pair were both not on the May 28 show to reportedly let the feud breathe. Aleister Black was then released by WWE before the June 4 show.
The site is reporting that Big E was not on SmackDown this week because WWE has not signed off on a new feud for the former Intercontinental Champion yet.
For what it’s worth, the report also notes that Aleister Black and Big E were both kept off the May 28 show because Vince McMahon had already decided that he was going to release Aleister Black a few days later.
Speaking of Aleister Black and Vince McMahon, the former NXT Champion has revealed that he pitched a feud with the WWE Chairman, which you can read more about by clicking here.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- Does Vince McMahon Want To Leave WWE Revealed
- Another AEW Star Seemingly Preparing To Join WWE
- Did Adam Copeland Beat Christian Cage For The AEW TNT Championship
- Bryan Danielson Names Who He’d Add To AEW’s Blackpool Combat Club