WWE management has commented on rumors about hesitancy with Seth Rollins’ movie role.
As previously reported, Seth Rollins recently filmed his role in the upcoming “Captain America: New World Order” film.
With Rollins away from WWE TV to film the spot, the company set up some sitdown interview with “The Visionary” to make up for his absence ahead of his showdown with AJ Styles for the World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions.
Following the news of his movie role, there were rumors emerging online that Rollins’ presence in the movie would cause some hesitation on WWE’s part to put the World Heavyweight Championship on him.
WRKD Wrestling originally reported:
Seth Rollins #WWERaw segment last night was pretaped due to filming @Marvel’s “Captain America: New World Order.”
While many backstage are very happy for him, there is hesitancy when it comes to putting the new title on him should these roles continue.
However, they than added a clarification:
Clarifying a prior report: we’d said that there was “hesitancy” to put the new title on Seth Rollins, due to his role in the new Captain America film.
However, its been made clear this isn’t an immediate fear, but for the future, should he & Becky Lynch further pursue Hollywood
Now, Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided an update, noting that WWE higher ups “vehemently denied” the initial rumors. One higher up stated:
“I’m not saying who is going to win this weekend, but the idea that this is anything but a positive is an unrealistic way of thinking. I can’t speak to how those in charge a year ago would have felt, but now it’s seen as a positive, especially with Endeavor aboard.”
“It also wasn’t a surprise. Colby (Lopez, Seth Rollins) is an exceptional talent and we expect these opportunities to come his way.”
“We were made aware that the situation was happening, and he’s already done filming. We had planned out the sit-down interviews to make up for his absence and it’s full speed ahead.”
In the past, WWE has been very hit or miss when it comes to promoting the outside projects of their stars. However, as of late, the company has done well to promote the likes of John Cena in “Fast X” and Batista in “Guardians of the Galaxy 3.”
Rollins’ Night of Champions opponent AJ Styles recently made headlines by stating his belief that it can’t be argued that the World Heavyweight Championship isn’t secondary.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- What Happened During Trinity Fatu’s IMPACT Pay-Per-View Debut
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Full Match Order For WWE Night Of Champions 2023