WWE is reportedly preparing to finalize their Summerslam plans today. The story of the show’s location has been going on for months and now we might finally get a conclusion.
The highly reputable WrestleVotes Twitter account reported the news earlier today. They noted that WWE remains desperate to find a venue for the event outside of the Performance Center. Here is the tweet:
Source: those in power at WWE are meeting today to discuss and hopefully finalize SummerSlam plans, including location. As noted before, the desperation to land a location outside of the PC is coming from the top. It’s not as easy as they had hoped.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) July 31, 2020
“Source: those in power at WWE are meeting today to discuss and hopefully finalize SummerSlam plans, including location. As noted before, the desperation to land a location outside of the PC is coming from the top. It’s not as easy as they had hoped.”
It has been no secret that Vince McMahon has been behind the push to hold SummerSlam outside of the Performance Center. It was reported earlier this week that they had been unable to find a state that would host the event. Regardless, it seems the idea is to finalize these plans today.
Most states remain cautious to hold gatherings as the number of coronavirus cases continues to soar across America. The MLB and NBA have both returned to playing games, although neither is doing so in front of fans.
What do you think WWE should do with SummerSlam? Let us know on Twitter!
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Riddick Moss Comments On WWE Release
- Dolph Ziggler Released By WWE
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE
- AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam Draws Highest Viewership Since February, Highest Demo Rating Since September 2022