WWE has taken to its official website to provide an update on Ilja Dragunov after a nasty injury he suffered during last night’s NXT.
Dragunov was busted open during his match with Roderick Strong, which had fans concerned about the status of Dragunov’s match with WALTER at TakeOver this coming Sunday.
Confirming the match is still planned to go ahead, WWE writes:
Ilja Dragunov received eight stitches after sustaining a laceration above his right eye during his match against Roderick Strong on NXT earlier tonight.
Despite the injury, Dragunov gutted out a hard-earned win against Strong and is medically cleared to compete this Sunday at NXT TakeOver 36, where he will challenge WALTER in a highly anticipated bout for the NXT UK Championship.
Dragunov came back out later in the show to confront WALTER but was beaten down by the NXT UK Champion and his Imperium teammates Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner.
WALTER and Ilja Dragunov had one of the best matches of 2020 so expectations are rightfully high for Sunday’s rematch.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite