WWE has issued an update regarding one of the SmackDown brand matches scheduled for this weekend’s WrestleMania 36 event.
The update concerns the Elias vs. King Corbin match, which was announced two weeks ago by WrestleMania host Rob Gronkowski.
Last Friday, Corbin attached Elias on a raised platform, and then knocked him off it, leading to one of the more visually silly falls WWE has put on TV in recent times.
Nonetheless, WWE has issued a storyline update on Elias’ condition, and confirmed the match will still be going ahead.
The update reads:
After undergoing an extensive evaluation, Elias has escaped serious injury and suffered no broken bones, WWE Digital has learned. Despite King Corbin’s heinous assault on last week’s Friday Night SmackDown, Elias has been recovering at a rehab facility and swears that, somehow, some way, he will compete against Corbin at WrestleMania.
The songsmith was blindsided by his royal rival following a musical performance, which led to Corbin knocking Elias off an upper perch at the WWE Performance Center.
- Jinder Mahal Shares Honest Thoughts On Tony Khan WWE Booking Comments
- Top International Star Reportedly Joining WWE
- AEW Star Reveals Why He’s No Longer Wrestling For The Company
- Former WWE Star Clarifies Status For Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- WWE Star Says He’d ‘Definitely Consider’ Going To Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Two WWE Stars Replaced In Upcoming Match
- Latest WWE Departure Revealed
- WWE Star Makes TV Return After Seven Month Absence
- Incredible Cody Rhodes Moment After WWE Raw Went Off Air Revealed
- Former AEW Star Joins WWE, Makes Shock Appearance