It has been reported by Japanese publication Game Biz that that the WWE Japan GK division has been disbanded.
As per Game Biz, the Public Notice of Dissolution published in the government bulletin revealed that investors agreed to the dissolution:
“It turns out that WWE Japan GK has been dissolved. Yesterday (September 1st), all employees (meaning investors) agreed. It was revealed in the “Public Notice of Dissolution” published in the “Government Bulletin” dated today (September 2nd).
It is a Japanese corporation established by the American professional wrestling organization “WWE”. It was running the Japan tournament, but the “WWE Live Japan” scheduled for July 2-4 this year was cancelled.”
Translated from Japanese.
WWE were forced to cancel their 2020 and 2021 Japan tours due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The company last hosted events in Japan in June 2019.
- Naomi Removes WWE References From Twitter Bio
- Joey Janela Sets Foot On Fire In Horrifying GCW Botch (Video)
- CM Punk Trends Following Polarising Message To WWE Locker Room
- Jon Moxley Set To Reunite Former Tag Team At Independent Show
- Paul Wight Reveals Impressive Move He Was Told Never To Perform In Ring Again
- Britt Baker Makes Surprise Appearance At AIW Gauntlet For The Gold
- William Regal Details His Reaction To NXT 2.0 Reboot
- Video: NWA Stars Kamille & Thom Latimer Get Married
- Sting Files New Trademark For Iconic Nickname
- Tony Khan Reacts To Johnny Elite’s AEW Debut