Jerry Springer, a former WWE host famous for his TV talk show, has passed away on Thursday at the age of 79.
Springer was the host of WWE Too Hot To Handle and a special guest host of WWE Raw in February 2010, highlights of which can be seen below this news story.
The Jerry Springer Show ran for nearly three decades from 1991 and established the controversial talk show host and show format in the minds of TV viewers around the world.
A statement by Jene Galvin, a friend of Springer’s and spokesperson for the family, paid tribute to the late celebrity, saying:
“Jerry’s ability to connect with people was at the heart of his success in everything he tried whether that was politics, broadcasting or just joking with people on the street who wanted a photo or a word.
“He’s irreplaceable and his loss hurts immensely, but memories of his intellect, heart and humour will live on.”
WWE Too Hot To Handle was a WWE Network exclusive that ran for one season and recounted outrageous and shocking moments from the company’s television history.
WrestleTalk sends its condolences to Jerry Springer’s family.
You can watch the aforementioned video below.
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn