A top WWE star is reportedly working through an injury.
Kevin Owens made his return on the November 18 episode of SmackDown as the final member of the Brawling Brutes’ WarGames team.
Owens had recently suffered a knee injury that had kept him off WWE television for a number of weeks.
The injury had reportedly put Owens’ status for Survivor Series in doubt, but he was ultimately able to make it to the match.
However, this doesn’t mean Owens is completely injury free.
Dave Meltzer replied to a fan on Twitter who said that he believed Owens was injured, to which Meltzer replied:
He’s working through a sprained MCL.
Owens’ sprained MCL didn’t stop him taking part in an excellent Raw main event with Jey Uso on the November 28 Raw.
He's working through a sprained MCL. https://t.co/FQOCzaWCzL
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) November 29, 2022
Owens was involved in a verbal incident with Roman Reigns following the Survivor Series premium live event due to an unplanned spot in the match.
Despite that, Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns seem set to still clash for Reigns’ titles at the Royal Rumble.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- VIDEO: AEW Entrance Theme Plays At Royal Rumble Event
- Report: WWE/Saudi Arabia Relationship ‘Absolutely A Factor’ In Sami Zayn Plans
- Spoiler For Entrant #1 In Royal Rumble Match Revealed?
- VIDEO: Another Failed Kofi Kingston Royal Rumble Moment
- Spoiler On Former Champion Planned For Tonight’s Royal Rumble
- Surprising Planned WWE Royal Rumble Match Order Revealed
- Cody Rhodes Wins WWE Royal Rumble 2023
- Here’s What Happened During WWE’s Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Top WWE Star Calls CM Punk ‘A Cancer’, Tells Him ‘Go Do Something Else’
- Royal Rumble Sets Up Massive WrestleMania Match?