A WWE star has spoken about a recent character change that didn’t work and has explained why that was the case.
LA Knight returned WWE in 2021 (after initially being signed between 2013 and 2014) with a successful run on NXT.
He would move to the main roster in 2022, initially as the manager of Knight Model Management before being reborn in May 20 2022 as Max Dupri.
He would manage Maximum Male Models, joined by Mace and Mansoor (or ma.çé and mån.sôör) and his ‘sister’ Maxxine Dupri.
In September, he would split from Maximum Male Models and return to his LA Knight from October.
Speaking to ComicBook.com, Knight would address the failure to connect as Max Dupri, saying:
“How honest do you want me to be?”
“I’ll just say this, at the end of the day I can make anything work.
“But at the end of the day, I’ve got a real tough time not being. I’ll tell you this, it wasn’t me.
“So when things came to pass and LA Knight started to shine through, it was the right place to go and not a moment too soon.”
Knight recently competed against Bray Wyatt in the Mountain Dew Pitch Black match.
He would lose the unusual concept match in spectacular style in a touch over five minutes.
Highlights from the match can be found below this news story.
Quotes from ComicBook.com
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours