John Cena is in talks to star in an upcoming comedy alongside Zac Efron.
In an interview with Deadline Hollywood, writer and director Peter Farrelly stated that he was in talks to have John Cena and Zac Efron star in his first R-rated comedy in many years entitled “Ricky Stanicky”.
According to the interview, the shooting of the film is set to begin in January, but negotiations for the actors are not locked in.
“Ricky Stanicky” is a fictional character used by a group of married friends to blame their misbehavior when making excuses to their wives. When the wives become suspicious of never meeting this person, the husbands then find someone to play the fictional character.
The role would be played by Cena in the film.
As previously mentioned, Zac Efron is also set to star as Kevin Von Erich in the film “The Iron Claw”, which will be filming shortly in Louisiana.
John Cena was in the headlines earlier this week after sending a homage on social media to one of AEW’s rising stars.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?