WWE producer Michael Hayes was also known for his role as announcer Dok Hendrix in WWE. Speaking on a media call after TakeOver, Triple H said that he tried to get Hayes to play the character during the show.
“You have no idea how hard I tried to get Michael Hayes to cut his hair and show up as Dok Hendrix. His refusal was loud and very intense. I could hear him exploding through my cell phone as his Dok Hendrix photo appeared on the wall of Johnny Gargano’s living room, which was phenomenal. Those nostalgic moments and all the things you remember if you’re old enough — even if you’re not between the WWE Network and YouTube clips — it’s right there for everybody. From Regal doing his best Lord Alfred Hayes to the ice cream sandwiches to the ICOPRO. It was a lot of fun and paid back the nostalgia in a great way for fans. Could this comeback again? Absolutely. I think people enjoyed it. You try to do things and you get outside the box and try stuff. Some of it works, some of it doesn’t but you want to bring it back and have fun. That’s what I loved about this show. It was every bit of today with the excitement and energy but it had a nostalgic feel.”
As Triple H mentioned, last night’s TakeOver had a really unique feel to it with the nostalgic feel of the set, transitions and even Todd Pettengill, combined with the hunger and grit that we all know and love from NXT.
Thanks to Fightful for the transcription
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- WWE To Sign AEW’s Konosuke Takeshita Soon?
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Stars’ Futures In Doubt, Karrion Kross Plans, Several Injuries – News Bulletin – August 8, 2022
- Corey Graves Puts WWE On Blast After Carmella Injury At House Show
- Report: The Rock Vs Roman Reigns Is ‘100% The Plan’ For WrestleMania 39
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- Bray Wyatt Addresses Speculation Following Recent Message
- Kairi Sane Responds To Return Tease For WWE Women’s Tag Title Tournament