The main event, as has been the headliner for several weeks now, saw AJ Styles defend the WWE Championship against Samoa Joe in another notable bout. Needless to say there were zero shocks here as the ‘Phenomenal One’ retained the strap. It’s worth noting, however, that Joe looked every inch the champion with his performance. Let’s hope they can recapture the magic on Sunday.
In results from the rest of the card:
- The New Day defeated the Bar
- Rusev and Lana went over Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega
- Shelton Benjamin best Tye Dillinger
- Shinsuke Nakamura clocked Jeff Hardy to retain the WWE United States Championship
- Asuka routed Carmella via disqualification after the Iiconics became involved. Could this be Asuka’s next feud? It would be an improvement on the last.
- Asuka, Charlotte Flair, and Becky Lynch overcame Carmella and the Iiconics
- The Bludgeon Brothers ran through the Club to retain the Smackdown Live Tag Team Championships
It’s quite amazing how many SummerSlam matches WWE have given away on their live events this past weekend. No less than three bouts on this card, plus two on the Raw cards have been presented to a non-television audience. This could have been so easily avoided with a little bit of care and attention.
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Here’s Everyone Chris Jericho Could Face For The ROH Title
- The Good Brothers Are ‘Always Going To Listen’ To WWE Return Offers