Following in the footsteps on NXT, Raw was back on the road this weekend with a live event from the James Brown Arena in Augusta, Georgia.
Though Ronda Rousey wrestled on the card in advance of her debut bout on Raw this Monday, the main event spot fell to Seth Rollins and Dolph Ziggler who slogged it out in a battle for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Yes, again, because we’re not nearly tired enough of seeing it.
This time around, it was the ‘Architect’ who came out on top but before anyone gets too excited the gold didn’t change hands because the ‘Showoff’ got himself disqualified, retaining the strap. At the conclusion of what was an energetic and exciting contest, the champion utilized a steel chair but following the bell was dropped with a curb stomp. According to reports this was the main attraction because Roman Reigns was given the evening off.
In results from the rest of the show:
- The B-Team defeated the Deleters of Worlds and Constable Baron Corbin & Jinder Mahal in a Triple Threat Tag Team Match to retain the Raw Tag Team Championships
- Cedric Alexander crashed through Buddy Murphy to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
- Chad Gable, Heath Slater, and Rhyno rolled over Curt Hawkins and the Ascension
- Mojo Rawley best No Way Jose
- Sasha Banks and Ember Moon went over Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan
- Bobby Roode pinned Kevin Owens
- Bobby Lashley destroyed Elias in a match expected to be announced for SummerSlam
- Ronda Rousey and Natalya routed Alexa Bliss and Alicia Fox. Rousey made Fox tap to the armbar after being in the ring for only one minute