WWE has lost a major ally as a 19-year servant for NBCUniversal has left the company and the USA Network, which airs Raw and NXT.
As per a report from Deadline, Chris McCumber, who was the president of SyFy and the USA Network under the NBCUniversal umbrella has exited via an internal memo.
According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, McCumber had served as a liaison between WWE and NBCU.
It was also said that he spearheaded the negotiations that resulted in WWE’s current lucrative TV deal.
Meltzer did note that it’s unlikely the move will directly lead to any big changes as far as WWE is concerned, and the only thing that could really result in the network dropping Raw and NXT is how the shows perform in the ratings.
However, McCumber did have a very good feel for pro-wrestling – enough to the point to get mad about certain things on the show if they were particularly bad.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Ari Daivari Under Full-Time Deal With AEW