It was a moment that has received plenty of derision over the years, but we now know what became of Mae Young’s ‘baby’.
On the February 28, 2000 episode of WWE Raw, Mae Young went into labor and would give birth to a hand in a ‘comedic’ segment that was certainly of its time.
The hand, the son of Mark Henry and Mae, would make his WWE debut in July 2012, appearing on the 1000th episode of WWE Raw and “all grown up”.
With Raw approaching its 30th anniversary, Road Dogg has given an update as to what happened to Mae’s son.
Speaking on his Oh… You Didn’t Know podcast, Brian James revealed:
“The ‘hand baby’ is always funny because the guy who was the hand baby is Michael Kirschenbaum and he was on the writing team…
“I know he’s still on the writing team (James laughed).
“So he was the guy. So we say, like, ‘Hey, this is the hand.’ He grew up to be on the writing team.”
Mae Young passed away on January 14 2014 at the age of 90.
Transcript from POST Wrestling.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25