It was recently revealed on wwe.com that the commentators for this year’s Mae Young Classic Tournament, will feature two women. This is the first time in WWE history that two females will be in the announce booth, an historic landmark in the history of the historic Women’s Evolution.
The trio commentatingt will be Michael Cole, WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix, and Renee Young, replacing last year’s team of Jim Ross and Lita. Mauro Ranallo will not feature as first thought. It’s great to see Renee back behind the announcing desk again, as she more than proved herself capable of the task during her stint in NXT.
Beth Phoenix is a welcome addition too, and Michael Cole…well he’s fine sometimes. In fairness when he doesn’t have the voices in his ear that he does on the main roster shows, he’s proven he can be a very solid commentator, as seen in the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournaments.
- NXT Welcomes Mae Young Classic Competitors
- WWE Announce 5 More Mae Young Classic Competitors
- Beth Phoenix to Appear at WWE Evolution
What do you think of this commentary team? Are you annoyed Mauro doesn’t have a place? And who is your pick to win? Let us know in the comments, on Twitter or on Discord today!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours