Mae Young Classsic Competitor, Toni Storm, suffered an injury over the weekend, which will take her out of action for the foreseeable future.
The wXw Women’s Championship will be vacated as a result of the injury, and Storm will be pulled from all wXw and Progress events this weekend in Germany.
Progress Wrestling also put out a tweet about her missing their events this weekend. As of the release of this article, no replacements had been named.
BREAKING: due to an injury sustained at the weekend, @tonistorm_ is out of this weekend's PROGRESS shows in Hamburg, Oberhausen and Frankfurt. News soon on a replacement.
— ? PROGRESS Wrestling (@ThisIs_Progress) August 29, 2018
Warning SPOILERS AHEAD….
The Mae Young Classic has already been taped and the finals of the event were to be held at WWE‘s all women pay-per-view Evolution. Toni Storm was slated to be in those finals against Io Sharai. It is yet to be seen if the injury will impact her appearing at Evolution.
Hopefully, she is just being extra pre-cautious with an event as big as Evolution coming up and the injury is not serious enough to prevent her from performing. The timing of this injury is terrible news for Storm and WWE if it is serious enough to prevent her from appearing.
What will WWE do if she is not able to compete? Do you think Storm would make a good addition as a permanent member of the NXT Roster? You can contact us on Twitter and Discord today.
- New AEW Signing Confirmed
- Ole Anderson Passes Away
- The Rock Breaks Heel WWE Character To Send Message To Triple H
- Injury Concern For Top WWE Star After Elimination Chamber?
- Jack Perry’s First Match Since CM Punk Incident At AEW All In 2023 Confirmed
- Rumoured WWE Signing Officially Set To Become Free Agent
- Former WWE Champion Out With Injury
- CM Punk Reacts To Not Being Included In WWE 2K24
- Randy Orton Has Brutally Honest Reaction To Man Using RKO In Public
- Becky Lynch Comments On Vince McMahon WWE Allegations