Ahead of Monday’s (January 10) edition of WWE Monday Night Raw, it was reported that top NXT stars Tommaso Ciampa and Pete Dunne were backstage.
As per PWInsider, both worked matches for Thursday’s episode of Main Event, taped before WWE Raw went on the air. Ciampa went one-on-one with T-Bar, while Dunne faced off against Akira Tozawa during the taping.
Ciampa and Dunne worked a dark match together before last week’s edition of SmackDown. Last year, the likes of Austin Theory, Karrion Kross and Bronson Reed (JONAH) worked ‘tryout’ dark matches before main roster shows, ahead of potential main roster call-ups.
Ciampa lost the NXT Championship to Bron Breakker at NXT New Year’s Evil. Dunne is set to face Tony D’Angelo in a Crowbar on a Pole match on this week’s edition of NXT 2.0.
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’