Ahead of Monday’s (January 10) edition of WWE Monday Night Raw, it was reported that top NXT stars Tommaso Ciampa and Pete Dunne were backstage.
As per PWInsider, both worked matches for Thursday’s episode of Main Event, taped before WWE Raw went on the air. Ciampa went one-on-one with T-Bar, while Dunne faced off against Akira Tozawa during the taping.
Ciampa and Dunne worked a dark match together before last week’s edition of SmackDown. Last year, the likes of Austin Theory, Karrion Kross and Bronson Reed (JONAH) worked ‘tryout’ dark matches before main roster shows, ahead of potential main roster call-ups.
Ciampa lost the NXT Championship to Bron Breakker at NXT New Year’s Evil. Dunne is set to face Tony D’Angelo in a Crowbar on a Pole match on this week’s edition of NXT 2.0.
- Backstage Heat On AEW World Champion MJF?
- Several In WWE ‘Pushing’ For Upcoming Free Agent
- CM Punk Reacts To WWE Raw Ratings For His Return
- ‘Massive Offer’ Rejected By Will Ospreay Before Choosing AEW Revealed
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Long-Absent AEW Star Reveals They Had Three Seizures, Cleared To Return
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Coincidence About Her Daughter’s Birth
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- Kevin Owens Comments On CM Punk’s WWE Return
- Drew McIntyre’s Explicit Reaction To Randy Orton WWE Plans