WWE star and 15-time 24/7 Champion Dana Brooke has proposed an interesting change for the championship she currently holds.
Brooke has suggested that the 24/7 Championship could potentially repurposed as a women’s Intercontinental title, breathing new life into both the WWE women’s division and the championship itself, which has been stale for several years now.
Speaking to Steve Fall of NBC Sports Boston, Brooke outlined her proposition:
“I’ve been wanting to transition the 24/7 Title into an IC title. I think it would be amazing. We’re building a roster, we have amazing women on the roster. With everyone coming back, why not?
“We have the tag team titles, but not everyone is teamed up. You have the storylines that are going for the women’s titles, but the rest are just little stories in the mix. Why not go for an IC Title?
“This way, it’s not secondary, it’s just another thing to pour your heart and soul in and have that title and be given that opportunity and enhance the women’s division.”
Transcription courtesy of Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- Former WWE NXT Star Makes AEW Debut
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- Pat McAfee WrestleMania 39 Status Revealed
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Top AEW Name Says AEW Needs CM Punk & Believes He Will Be Back
- Britt Baker Says She ‘Still Has Questions’ Regarding Thunder Rosa Injury Status