WWE may have a made a major change to the status of Roman Reigns’ current reign as Undisputed WWE Universal Champion.
Reigns won the Universal Championship at Payback in August 2020, and the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 38 in April 2022, and since that point he’s been known as the ‘undisputed’ champion.
One question a lot of people have had throughout the duration of the double title reign is whether Reigns’ two belts were actually still recognized as two separate championships, or just one singular championship.
WWE.com had reflected the idea that they were separate, as on the WWE Superstars page, Roman Reigns was listed separately in the champions section – once as Universal Champion and once as WWE Champion.
However, that has just changed.
The page has been updated and now lists Reigns only once – as the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion.
Logically, that change says Reigns’ two belts now represent one singular championship instead of two separate ones.
The exact same thing has happened for tag team champions Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, who were previously listed separately as Raw Tag Team Champions and SmackDown Tag Team Champions.
Now, they’re just listed once as Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions.
You can see the images below that show the updates that have been made.
It is of course worth mentioning that what happens on WWE.com doesn’t always reflect what’s happening internally within WWE, but as far as looking at it from what WWE is presenting to the public, this is the closest we’ve got to an answer.
Obviously, there’ll soon be the addition of a slot for the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion, which will be held by the winner of the tournament final at Night of Champions, either Seth Rollins or AJ Styles.
A report emerged yesterday that there may be some “hesitancy” towards putting the title on Rollins despite him being most people’s favorite to win – find out why at this link.
Also at Night of Champions, Reigns will be teaming with Solo Sikoa to challenge Owens and Zayn for the tag title.
A big update has emerged on the status of Roman Reigns for the upcoming Money in the Bank event in London, which you can read about at this link.
Here’s how the champions were listed previously:
And here’s how they’re being listed now:
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed