An update has emerged on plans for NXT Europe, following recent cuts with NXT UK going on a ‘hiatus’.
Following the announcement that NXT Europe would be launching in 2023, WWE released a large portion of the NXT UK roster.
These cuts, along with commentator Nigel McGuinness’ WWE release, have led to speculation that NXT Europe isn’t a top priority for WWE heading into next year.
Per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE, BT Sport and other potential partners have big plans for the new brand. Meltzer wrote:
“Some will take this McGuinness firing as another sign that NXT Europe isn’t happening any time soon. Those in the company say that WWE and (BT Sport) as well as new potential broadcast partners in Europe all have major plans for it.”
At NXT Worlds Collide, the NXT UK titles were unified with the US NXT brand’s gold. Pretty Deadly won a fourway bout to walk out with both brands’ tag team titles, Mandy Rose defeated Meiko Satomura and Blair Davenport to become the Undisputed NXT Women’s Champion and Bron Breakker pinned Tyler Bate to unify the NXT and NXT UK championships.
It is currently unclear what NXT Europe will look like, but as indicated by this report, plans for the brand are definitely in the works.
Stay up to date with every title change in WWE for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut