WWE’s traditional post-Christmas card at Madison Square Garden has undergone some significant changes recently.
Originally advertised as a SmackDown event headlined by AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe in a cage match, The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan and Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch, the event has since been made into a Raw event and all promotion for the show has changed.
WWE are now advertising a completely different card, with none of the previously advertised SmackDown stars scheduled to appear.
The new line-up is as follows:
Universal Title Steel Cage Match
Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman
Raw Tag Team Championship
Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre vs. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose
Raw Women’s Championship
Ronda Rousey vs. Mickie James
Plus appearances from:
The card is of course subject to change, and likely will change several times in the next two and a half months. For starters Kevin Owens will not be involved due to the recent news about his long injury lay-off.
This will be WWE’s last show in the building prior to the sell-out G1 Supercard co-promoted by ROH and NJPW that takes place in the building over WrestleMania weekend. Chances are WWE will not sell anywhere near as many tickets to this house show event as those promotions have for their landmark event.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39