Last night on SmackDown Live the stipulation for the WWE Championship match between Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles at Money in the Bank was finally confirmed.
Nakamura was given the option of choosing the title match stip having defeated Styles on last week’s SmackDown from London. Nakamura toyed with AJ during an interview segment, claiming the stipulation would be a Pillow Fight, which drew a loud ironic chorus of “Yes” chants from the crowd. The showdown soon turned to fisticuffs without a stip having been set.
Once Nakamura gained the upper hand, he revealed that the Money in the Bank clash would be contested under Last Man Standing rules. It’s a fairly logical follow up from the duo’s recent bouts, which have ended in shenanigans and non-finishes without ever establishing a clear winner.
Hopefully the match type will allow the two rivals to wrestle without the shackles on and deliver the killer bout that their WWE feud has been sorely missing. When Styles and Nakamura were first paired together following the latter’s Royal Rumble win, it was expected that they would replicate their incredible display from Wrestle Kingdom 10 in New Japan. Circumstance and over-booking has not allowed them to do that yet, but in front of a typically red hot Chicago crowd at MITB they will have every chance of finally doing that.
What do you think of the stipulation announcement? Would you have preferred a Pillow Fight? Maybe there was another stip that you feel would have been more suitable? Let us know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw