In a very rare occurrence, WWE has announced that their annual TLC: Tables, Ladders, and Chairs pay-per-view has moved months. Originally scheduled on October 21 for the TD Bank Arena in Boston, Massachusetts, it has been revealed that the event has now been moved to December 16 in San Jose, California.
The reason for the switch is down to WWE’s Super Show-Down in Australia on October 6, with the company believing two events per month from 2018 onwards is far too many. Though it didn’t seem to stop them with the Greatest Royal Rumble in April. The date of October 21 won’t be wanting, however, because to fill the gap and to sate the Boston faithful, WWE will hold a special combined Raw and Smackdown Live SuperShow.
The alteration seems to have made Clash of Champions a thing of the past, with the event nowhere to be seen on the promotion’s updated schedule which looks like this:
- July 15 – Extreme Rules (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- August 19 – SummerSlam (Brooklyn, New York)
- September 16 – Hell in a Cell (San Antonio, Texas)
- October 6 – WWE Super Show-Down (Melbourne, Australia)
- November 18 – Survivor Series (Los Angeles, California)
- December 16 – TLC (San Jose, California)
TLC has a long tradition of providing one of the most exciting nights of the year, with headline contests being a Tables Match, Ladder Match, and Chair Match. The main event of the show is regularly fought under all three, making it a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match.