With more promising women’s stars arriving at the WWE Performance Center, the NXT women’s division has become one of the best featured women’s divisions in North America.
However, the NXT Women’s Championship and NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship remain the only titles the women can fight for on the brand, while the men also have the North American Championship.
WWE Hall of Famer and current NXT announcer Booker T spoke about the division on his Hall of Fame podcast, where he was asked about the potential of a Women’s Midcard title coming to NXT.
“I don’t see that being a bad thing just because right now they just have the tag team championship and the singles championship. The thing is, you have so many ladies in NXT right now that perhaps need that belt, that television championship to launch their career a little bit.”
Booker then went on to name some of the brand’s rising stars who he could see as the first champion.
“I look at girls like Sol Ruca right now that are coming up. She could be someone who can get the rocket or definitely Tiffany Stratton. I can see Tiffany Stratton being the television champion in NXT.
“Why shouldn’t NXT women have one more championship for the women to be highlighted just a little bit more? I’m all about the rub, so I’m not opposed to that.”
Sol Ruca and Tiffany Stratton recently faced off in a singles match on the show, a match that received a lot of praise from fans.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours