AEW star Saraya was name-dropped on commentary during the October 28 edition of SmackDown.
During the show, Emma (Tenille Dashwood) made her surprise return to the company, answering Ronda Rousey’s SmackDown Women’s Title open challenge.
While discussing Emma, Michael Cole mentioned former WWE star ‘Paige’, who currently appears for AEW under her real name Saraya.
Emma and Saraya were notable rivals during the NXT’s early days as a developmental brand, with Saraya defeating Emma to become the inaugural NXT Women’s Champion in June 2013.
With an impressive series of matches in NXT, many consider Saraya and Emma to be pioneers of WWE’s current women’s division, with the popular stars wrestling competitive bouts way before the ‘Divas Revolution’ in 2015.
Emma’s bout against Ronda Rousey on SmackDown was her first WWE bout since October 2017. Following her WWE release that same month, the star wrestled for promotions around the world, notably including ROH and IMPACT.
Paige hasn’t wrestled a full match since December 2017, but has reportedly been cleared to compete in AEW. She made her AEW debut at Dynamite: Grand Slam in September, after her WWE contract expired in July.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- AEW Star Shares Future Plans After Announcing Departure From Company
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- WWE Star Triple H Brought Back Shares How Long He Was Under Contract Before Return