A popular WWE star has teased a character change following their recent match at Night of Champions in Saudi Arabia.
At the Jeddah Super Dome show on May 27, 2023, Rhea Ripley successfully defended the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship against Natalya.
With a loss to Zoey Stark on the June 6 episode of WWE Raw robbing her of a spot in the Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match, Natalya has suggested that it may be time for a change.
Posting on her Twitter account, the former WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion said:
“I haven’t been the same since Night Of Champions. I’ve beaten myself up worse than any one else could ever beat me. I wish I knew how to turn it all around.”
On the June 12 episode of WWE Raw, Natalya reflected on her loss to Ripley and suggested that being different following the defeat is probably a good thing as being herself has got her nowhere.
With Natalya noting that she doesn’t know how to be herself anymore, a change of direction could be in the future for the star who has been a member of the WWE since January 2007.
Natalya has recently discussed her future in wrestling and potential retirement plans.
In the run up to her match at Night of Champions, Natalya also reflected on not being on the same level as Ripley, saying:
“I haven’t lasted this long in WWE by not fighting tooth and nail for every single thing I have because I know that I’ve never been a favorite.”
Along with being a former WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion, Natalya is also a former WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion (with Tamina) and a former WWE Divas Champion.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Ex-WWE Star Edge (Adam Copeland) Joins AEW At WrestleDream 2023
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- Injured AEW Star Removed From Match At WrestleDream 2023
- Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Debut Match Opponent & Date Announced
- MJF Addresses Jay White AEW Attack Rumors
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?