NBCUniversal has announced that it will be partnering with WWE to develop a new dramatic scripted series about the world of wrestling titled ‘Pinned’.
Vince McMahon himself is set to serve as an executive producer, as well as Kevin Dunn and Chris Kaiser.
Here is the description for the show:
An adrenalized upstairs-downstairs soap that gives a behind-the-scenes look at a fictional wrestling promotion and the unforgettable characters that populate it. ‘Pinned’ offers a front-row seat into the eccentric wrestling culture and the mayhem that exists between the locker room and the boardroom.
WWE’s Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, Chris Kaiser, writer/producer Craig O’Neill, and Fox Sports reporter Tom Rinaldi will be executive producers for the series.
It’s unclear which network will air the show. WWE is currently developing the scripted series “The United States of America vs. Vince McMahon” with Blumhouse Television which is about the steroid trial in 1994 involving McMahon and the company. Just yesterday, it was revealed Noah Harpster and Micah Fitzerman-Blue will write and be the showrunners of the series.
WWE and NBCUniversal have had a working relationship since NBC purchased the rights to the WWE Network for Peacock.
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- AEW Star Medically Cleared Last-Minute For Dynamite Match
- Major Injury Update On Adam Cole For AEW WrestleDream